Sunday 14 November 2010

Old Hag

*ring, ring*

Mad Dad: Hey, what's another word for 'old hag'

Me: Hello? Dad?

MD: Well? What's another word for 'old hag'

Me: What..? What are you asking me? What are you doing?

MD: I'm writing a complaint letter and need another word for 'old hag'. A more professional word.

Me: There is no professional word for old hag. You cannot use this in a letter. Don't use this in a letter.

MD: I want to say she's a bitter old single lady so besides 'old hag', what other words can I use?

Me: Look, you can comment on her awful attitude or behavior but you can't call someone an old hag!

MD: I want to say bitch... do you think that will work?

Me: No! You cannot call someone a hag and you cannot call someone a bitch in a letter!!

MD: She really was an old hag.

Me: Look Dad, just don't call her an old hag.

MD: Well if you can't tell me another word I'll just have to use old hag.

*hangs up*

Me: Hello? Hello?

No comments:

Post a Comment